The nominees and honorees for the 2016 CFDA Fashion Awards have been announced, and it’s looking good!
On Wednesday March 16, from New York City’s New Museum, CFDA chairman Diane von Furstenberg, and Nadja Swarovski unveiled the names of the designers who’s contribution to fashion are worthy of a nomination for the biggest achievement award in fashion.
• Womenswear Designer of the Year nominees: Joseph Altuzarra for Altuzarra, Marc Jacobs, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler, Kate Mulleavy and Laura Mulleavy for Rodarte, Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen for The Row.
• Menswear Designer of the Year nominees: Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne for Public School, Marcus Wainwright and David Neville for Rag & Bone, Thom Browne, Tim Coppens, Todd Snyder.
• Accessories Designer of the Year nominees: Joseph Altuzarra for Altuzarra, Irene Neuwirth, Rachel Mansur and Floriana Gavriel for Mansur Gavriel, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez for Proenza Schouler, Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen for The Row.
Announcing the three Swarovski categories, Nadja Swarovski unveals as follows:
• Swarovski Award for Womenswear nominees: Brandon Maxwell, Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia for Monse, Ryan Roche.
• Swarovski Award for Menswear nominees: Rio Uribe for Gypsy Sport, John Elliott, and Matthew, Alex, and Samantha Orley for Orley.
• Swarovski Award for Accessory Design nominees: Aurora James for Brother Vellies, Gigi Burris, Paul Andrew.
• International Award honoree: Gucci’s Alessandro Michele.
• Media Award in Honor of Eugenia Sheppard: Imran Amed, founder ofBusiness of Fashion.
• Founder’s Award in Honor of Eleanor Lambert: Donna Karan.
• Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Norma Kamali.
• Board of Directors’ Tribute: David Bowie. Accepting Mr. Bowie’s Award will be Tilda Swinton.
The 2016 CFDA Fashion Awards in collaboration with Swarovski will be held on June 6th at Hammerstein Ballroom and hosted by American Actor Comedian Joel McHale.
The CFDA commissioned artist Nancy Lorenz to use her artist eye for the stunning art that will be showcased not only on the invitations, but also throughout the show! Just how stunning is this floor!